All shall honk in awe at Untitled Goose Game, the indie toybox of a game that cannot be contained. Last night at the annual D.I.C.E. Awards, House House won big taking not only Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game, but also the overall Game of the Year award.
— Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (@Official_AIAS) February 14, 2020
This is a big get for Untitled Goose Game, which has inspired creative goose trickery and critical delight ever since its release last year.
It wasn’t the only standout Switch title honored, though, as several other eShop indies and Nintendo titles were also praised.
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design – Baba is You
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation – Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Racing Game of the Year – Mario Kart Tour
- Fighting Game of the Year – Mortal Kombat 11
- Family Game of the Year – Super Mario Maker 2
- Portable Game of the Year – Sayonara Wild Hearts
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year – Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Role-Playing Game of the Year – The Outer Worlds (coming soon to Switch)
Congratulations to these and all the other winners and nominees, and an especially hearty honk to House House and Untitled Goose Game!
Leave a Comment