It’s the most exciting time of the month again – a firmware update for the Switch has dropped! Besides the usual slate of performance fixes, the following additions/changes have been made:
- You can now search for different News Channels in the News function.
- The ability to scan a QR code to sign into your Nintendo Account has been added.
- There are now alarms – however, they can only be operated by appropriate software (which is forthcoming), so the functionality isn’t fully implemented yet.
- You can configure your touch screen sensitivity to account for finger or stylus input.
- On Switch Lite, you can now turn off the button inputs for the console in order to play exclusively with an external paired controller (so this feature will be ready for launch).
- There’s a section in User Pages for Online Play invites, making joining friends for matches much easier.
- The typical stability fixes, including one prevalent issue that was preventing Fire Emblem: Three Houses from launching for some players.
You can download the update onto your Switch right now.
Leave a Comment