WayForward’s upcoming sequel to Shantae: Half-Genie Hero has received new details and an official name — Shantae and the Seven Sirens.
The press release reads as below:
”Formerly referred to as Shantae 5, Shantae and the Seven Sirens sends the belly-dancing, hair-whipping, half-genie hero to a tropical island where Shantae and her friends encounter other Half-Genie allies, but they soon learn there’s trouble in paradise. As Shantae gets caught up in the island’s sinister secrets, she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world where she’ll visit multiple towns, overcome treacherous labyrinths, and battle dastardly bosses. The game also features a new collectible card system that grants players the freedom to augment Shantae’s powers to suit their own style of play.”
Key features of Shantae and the Seven Sirens include:
- Exploring an interconnected world using new Fusion Magic creature transformations, including a newt and other aquatic forms.
- Using dance abilities to activate machinery, destroy terrain, and more.
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals (on 4K devices only).
- All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots.
- Collecting and powering up with monster cards.
- Enjoying minigames, acquiring magic and items, and uncovering secrets.
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes.
Shantae and the Seven Sirens’s release date is unknown, but WayForward previously announced it will be coming in 2019 to Nintendo Switch, as well as many other platforms.
What’re your thoughts and the new details and title? Sound off in the comments below!Leave a Comment