It’s been a while since we saw a full Paper Mario RPG, but that’s where the indie developers at Moonsprout Games are stepping in. The adventurous RPG Bug Fables has been in the works for a PC release for some time now, but now in partnership with publisher Dangen Entertainment, it’s heading to Switch and PS4, too. Check out the announcement trailer from BitSummit:
And here are the key features:
- 6 chapters of story following the heroes across Bugaria!
- Many unique areas, including: The Ant Kingdom, the treacherous Snakemouth Den, the picturesque Golden Hills, The Lost Sands, and Bee’s home, the Bee Kingdom!
- A vast overworld that transitions into turn-based combat! Use Bee’s Beemerang, Moth’s ice magic, or Beetle’s horn to defend yourself from foes!
- Action commands which can make attacks more effective, or block enemy attacks!
- A cooking system to turn ingredients into items that can help you in battle!
- A tattle system that lets you hear your party interact with each other as they discover all the secrets Bugaria has in store!
Bug Fables is set to release sometime this year.