In a surprise announcement, Konami revealed that Super Bomberman R would receive yet another free content update, and this is a hefty one.
First off, there are ten new characters. They include the following:
- Solid Snake
- Big Boss (both are voiced by David Hayter)
- Bill and Lance from Contra
- Vic Viper ZERO
- Ayako Katagiri from the visual novel Tokimeki Memorial
- Ebisumaru from Goemon
- Xavier Woods from the WWE
- Max from the Bomberman series, who was previously announced exclusively for Switch
It’s certainly an eclectic list, but seeing David Hayter return to voice both Snakes, as well as Contra characters and Xavier Woods, is pretty exciting.
Also included in the update are three new stages, including Mother Base from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
The update brings a new game mode called Checkpoints, which awards points for the longer players stand in a designated checkpoint zone.
Finally, new accessories from series such as Metal Gear and Contra are also available.
This big update is available for owners now on all platforms, so go blow up Raiden with Xavier Woods!
Leave a Comment