UPDATE: The official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter page has confirmed that, yes, Team Sonic Racing is coming — and it’ll be available on Nintendo Switch this winter.
Get ready to race with your friends by watching the reveal trailer:
Walmart’s at it again, accidentally revealing a game ahead of its planned unveiling. This time around? The mysterious Sonic racing game teased a few months ago. Now we know it’s called Team Sonic Racing, and we have a little blurb below highlighting its features, as well as a batch of screenshots and the game’s box-art. Check out them out:
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer and Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.
We’re sure to get official word on the games soon, so keep checking back!