Japanese manga magazine Weekly Shonen Jump is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Known for Dragon Ball, One Piece, and several dozens more it’s a staple of Japanese pop culture and with that legacy comes several video game tie ins.
Nintendo is honoring those past titles with a new version of the Famicom Mini, colored gold and featuring 20 vintage Jump games inside, as spotted by Zaregoto_od3 on Twitter.
One of the more notable absences on the original Famicom Mini was Dragon Quest, which will make it onto the new model to manga artist Akira Toriyama’s involvement in the game’s design. As expected Dragon Ball is here, with other notable series like Fist of the North Star and Saint Seiya also featuring. Here’s the full list of games:
- Ankoku Shinwa: Yamato Takeru Densetsu
- Captain Tsubasa
- Captain Tsubasa 2
- Destiny of an Emperor
- Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyoushuu! Saiyajin
- Dragon Ball: Shenron no Nazo
- Dragon Quest
- Famicom Jump II: Saikyou no Shichinin
- Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden
- Hokuto no Ken
- Hokuto no Ken 3: Shin Seiki Souzou Seiken Restuden
- Kinnikuman: Kinnikusei Oui Soudatsusen
- Magical Taruruuto-kun: Fantastic World!!
- Rokudenashi Blues
- Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu
- Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu Kanketsuhen
- Sakigake!! Otokojuku Shippuu Ichi Gou Sei
- Tag Team Match: Muscle
As is we know it’ll come with a special box (seen on the right of the magazine page), and that it’ll release on July 7th for 7,980 yen. We should have more on this sparkling celebration system in the near future.
Leave a Comment