Welcome to Speedrun Sunday: that sadistic time of the week when we dare to challenge both your D-pad’s durability and sanity’s stamina with the ultimate test in video game bragging rights.
Hot off the baby squeals of our manic Mario Kart 8 challenge comes yet another ruthless run that’ll leave you battered by bullets and gunning for the exit. That’s right, fans of twin-stick stunts and trigger-happy heroics: We’re cocking our colts for a dungeon diving shootout through Enter the Gungeon.
Who can run ‘n gun the fastest through Chamber 1, Keep of the Lead Lord?
Our claim to fame is 0:02:06, which shouldn’t be too hard to top for anyone trained in the twin-stick. The gunslinger with the fastest time by 12:00 a.m. PT will win a coveted $10 eShop card (North America), along with the illustrious title Guardian of Gallant Gungeoneering.
- All participants must play as The Hunter. No other characters will be accepted. (We’re a sucker for corgis.)
- All submissions must be accompanied by a snapshot of your time upon beating the first boss and standing atop the end level warp point (as shown below).
- Make sure to scribble your Twitter handle using the Switch’s editing feature alongside your fanciful feat so we know it was you.
- Remember to turn on the Speedrun Timer under the Gameplay Options before beginning your runs. (It’s toggled off by default.)
- Feel free to improve upon and submit new scores as many times as you like.
- In the instance of a tie, we’ll settle things in Smash live later during the week using various level 50 amiibo representing the winners.
- Switch version only.
Follow @NinWire and @cityw0k on Twitter and retweet this post to qualify for today’s cash prize. After that, simply share your snapshot in the Twitter comments, and we’ll personally send both your winnings and a social media shoutout within the week.
We’ll be keeping score right here in the article all day, too, so you can easily keep track where your top rivals rank. Also, feel free to tune in to our Enter the Gungeon livestream at 5:00 p.m. PT where I’ll personally be contending alongside today’s top competitors for fame and glory.
So whaddya say? Ready to descend the seven depths of bullet hell with me? To quote the game’s delightfully spirited Drunkard, “I don’t know why you’re even trying.” Seriously… this game’s brutal.
Guardian of Gallant Gungeoneering
Fallen Friends Haunted by the Past
Leave a Comment