Welcome to Speedrun Sunday: that sadistic time of the week when we dare to challenge both your D-pad’s durability and sanity’s stamina with the ultimate test in video game bragging rights.
Hot off the seductive swings of our Golf Story challenge comes yet another ruthless run that’ll leave you thoroughly broke and walloped in wonderment. That’s right, fans of devilish deals and ’50s cartoon reels: We’re pulling out the parchment in hopes of signing the most spirited soul snatchers Cuphead has to offer.
Who can get a perfect score the fastest vs. The Devil himself… on Expert difficulty!
Our claim to fame is 1:30, which shouldn’t be too hard to top for the most gluttonous of gamblers among you. The courageous cup with the fastest time by 12:00 a.m. PT will win a coveted $10 eShop card (North America), along with the illustrious title Hero of Inkwell Hell.
- Only Expert S-rank submissions will be accepted. Don’t forget to snag those parries!
- No co-op allowed. Sorry, Mugman fans.
- Submissions must be made via a screenshot of your final score after tearing The Devil a new one (as shown below). Got a video of your fanciful feat? Even better!
- Know of a glitch or exploit to help improve your time? In the spirit of tomfoolery, go for it! Anything is fair game on this most heinous of holidays.
- Feel free to improve upon and submit new scores as many times as you like throughout the day.
- In the instance of a tie, we’ll settle things in Smash live later during the week using various level 50 amiibo representing the winners.
- Both Steam and Xbox One versions allowed (or Switch if anyone’s managed to hack it).
Follow @NinWire and @cityw0k on Twitter and retweet this post to qualify for today’s cash prize. After that, simply share your snapshot in the Twitter comments and we’ll personally send both your winnings and a social media shoutout within the week.
We’ll be keeping score right here in the article all day, too, so you can easily keep track where your top rivals rank. Also, feel free to tune in to our Cuphead livestream at 4:00 p.m. PT where I’ll personally be contending alongside today’s top competitors for fame and glory.
So whaddya say? Ready to roll the dice and lift those contracts on your sorrowful souls? To quote the wise words of the dastardly demon’s right-hand man himself, “The Devil has his price and I’ll make sure you pay.”
Hero of Inkwell Hell