Welcome to Speedrun Sunday: that sadistic time of the week when we dare to challenge both your D-pad’s durability and sanity’s stamina with the ultimate test in video game bragging rights.
Hot off the airborne antics of our Kirby Star Allies challenge comes yet another ruthless run that’ll leave you punched out by Bob Barker and left buried in bunkers. That’s right, fans of fairways and follow-throughs: We’re polishing off our clubs in search of the greatest pro athletes Golf Story has to offer.
Who can get the lowest score in the game’s first 9-hole course, Wellworn Grove?
Our claim to fame is -8, which shouldn’t be too hard to top for the most savvy of swingers among you. The gallant golfer with the lowest score by 12:00 a.m. PT will win a coveted $10 eShop card (North America), along with the illustrious title Wellworn Grove’s Handicap Hero.
- All participants must play Wellworn Grove’s 9-hole course in Story Mode. Quick Play scores and sessions will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be made using the Switch’s capture button, particularly a snapshot of your scorecard right after completing the ninth hole (as shown below). “Best Scores Per Hole” stats will not be accepted.
- Make sure to scribble your Twitter handle using the Switch’s editing feature alongside your fanciful feat so we know it was you.
- Feel free to improve upon and submit new scores as many times as you like.
- In the instance of a tie, we’ll settle things in Smash live later during the week using various level 50 amiibo representing the winners.
- Switch version only.
Follow @NinWire and @cityw0k on Twitter and retweet this post to qualify for today’s cash prize. After that, simply share your snapshot in the Twitter comments and we’ll personally send both your winnings and a social media shoutout within the week.
We’ll be keeping score right here in the article all day, too, so you can easily keep track where your top rivals rank. Also, feel free to tune in to our Golf Story livestream at 4:00 p.m. PT where I’ll personally be contending alongside today’s top competitors for fame and glory.
So whaddya say? Ready to slip on some knickerbockers and put your putting powers to the test? To quote the wise words of Happy Gilmore’s crocodile crazed coach himself, “It’s all in the hips.”
Wellworn Grove’s Handicap Hero
1. @MasterMofeto [-17]