Given the company’s long and storied history in the region it’s no surprise that the Japanese public loves Nintendo, but a recent top 10 chart from Famitsu shows just how well the company is doing this year.
The list, translated by Eurogamer, gives us a look at Japan’s best selling games from the first half of 2017. Check it out:
- 1. Monster Hunter XX for 3DS (1,640,005 units sold)
- 2. Pokemon Sun and Moon for 3DS (527,862)
- 3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch (501, 614)
- 4. Zelda Breath Of The Wild for Switch (464,480)
- 5. Super Mario Maker for 3DS (397,656)
- 6. Biohazard 7 for PS4 (324,066)
- 7. NieR: Automata for PS4 (311,906)
- 8. Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 Tachiagare Nippon!! for 3DS (263,790)
- 9. Yokai Watch Sukiyaki for 3DS (215,297)
- 10. 1-2 Switch for Switch (200,807)
Eight of the ten games that make up the list are for Nintendo platforms, and it just goes to show the long lasting appeal of the Nintendo 3DS!
It’s also worth noting that sales figures for the Nintendo Switch have been released – 1,016,473 million units have been sold in Japan already! To contrast, the PS4’s lifetime sales in the region stand at 4,799,246, and that’s after three and a half years on the market.
We’ll just have to wait and see if the upcoming Monster Hunter XX port to Switch brings in similar numbers.Leave a Comment