New job listings for 3D CG designers and character modelers have been added to the Game Freak page, leading many to speculate what this could mean for the next Pokémon game. When translated, the general descriptions introduce the jobs with these details:
3D CG designer
- It is an opportunity to be involved in the development of the worldwide popular RPG!
- Since it is a title that has been released for a long time, the development environment is also very well set.
- It is a position you are looking for in an urgent posting! In addition, as long as development will become full-scale, long-term employment is possible.
- Schedule management is a very firm firm.
- We will perform character modeling work in the consumer game development project!
The listings go on to describe that the new hires will be creating character models for a popular RPG; more specifically, they’ll be responsible for designing models of “toon-like” figures, monsters and items. The character modeler position listing makes a point to mention the hunt for someone with experience creating character models at the level of Wii U and PS Vita while having a background in 3D modeling and animation software Maya.
With Game Freak most popularly known for developing Pokémon, it’s conceivable that this call for designers will be applied to whatever new project(s) the company is currently working on for the ‘mon-filled series. And it’s no secret that the Switch is in the spotlight right now, so– who knows– it’s possible that these new hires could be hinting at something involving Nintendo’s brand new console.
Leave a Reply