As the release of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild draws ever closer, more and more details about the game trickle through. And after a revealing, meticulous feature on the game in this month’s issue, GameInformer has also released an interview with the two most prominent figures in the franchise: Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma.
The questions and answers hurled vary from intriguing (Link will be able to wear green clothes) to enigmatic (the Master Sword may or may not be able to break) to outright strange (apparently Miyamoto is acquainted with the interviewer’s friend’s uncle, and is very enthusiastic to say so).
Here are some other interesting tidbits:
- The Switch version is confirmed to have higher resolution on the TV.
- According to Aonuma, BotW was the hardest Zelda to develop.
- The stamina meter can be boosted in-game.
- Much like his fellow Nintendo mascot, Link’s full name is Link Link.
- The game takes place after Ocarina of Time on the Zelda timeline.
- You can get a snowboard for a shield.
- Pauline probably lives in New Donk City.
- Tingle is always happy, and the developers love him.
- Paper Zelda “will not be coming out today”, but “they’re working on it” (fingers crossed…)
- The name of the planet Hyrule is on is… Earth.
- The overall verdict the two offer on the title (given via thumbs-up/down) seems tepid, but good.
While the answers ranged from humorous to downright facetious, it’s worth watching the entire thing if only for the goofiness of it all (especially the shell game moment).