A substantial amount of information about Nintendo’s upcoming next-gen console, the NX, has “leaked” through Reddit, courtesy of a verified source from a “large retail partner.”
While rumors and so-called “leaks” about the NX aren’t hard to come by, often their sources are faceless, nameless and provide no proof of reliability.
This “leak,” however, is different.
“We have done our best to confirm this individual’s identity and we feel pretty confident about it,” writes r/NintendoNX moderator FlapSnapple. “However, someone who is determined enough can fake damn near anything as evidenced by that 3D printed controller hoax from a while back. As always, make sure to take everything we’re about to post with a grain of salt.”
The information is as follows:
- “Interact with your game on the go.” phrase seen on a poster.
- Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
- Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
- Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
- Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99
- The NX is currently set to have a bundle opción.
- The contents of this bundle is currently desconocido.
- Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99
- The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U’s packaging.
- The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
- The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U’s blue and black).
- The packaging still says “NX” however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
- The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.
Features and Specs
- Games will be on cartridges –
Information from another source leads us to believe that these will be about the size of a Compact Flash cards and will be in 32GB and 64GB variants. Even though this may seem low, the system reportedly contains a dedicated processor just for decompressing the card data. Best case scenario is ~100GB compressed into a 64GB cartridge, however real world usage pegs it at closer to ~85GB on a 64GB cartridge. Level based games and games with load screens will compress better than open-world style games.Edit: This secondary source (who had not yet completed verification) has been busted.
- 4k streaming has been mentioned. – What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
- 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I’ve heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.
Stay connected to Nintendo Wire for more news about this supposed “leak” as it becomes available!Leave a Comment