Today was certainly jam-packed full of new information courtesy of Nintendo! From the large number of features confirmed for the next Legend of Zelda, to the first ever E3 showcase of an in-development Pokémon game, not to mention lots of new amiibo, there was plenty for fans to sink their teeth into!
Check out a summary of what we saw today below:
- The Legend of Zelda
- This morning, a brand new trailer for Zelda U/NX was aired during Nintendo’s E3 Treehouse Livestream, and the title for the long-awaited Zelda U/NX was announced to be The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It was also revealed in this trailer that Breath of the Wild will have voice acting to some degree. The trailer showed off an absolutely massive open world, along with a wide range of abilities and items that Link will have.
- A second trailer was also released showcasing how the Wolf Link amiibo will function in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Alongside this, three new Legend of Zelda amiibo were announced and shown off in a video and on the show floor.
- Nintendo also announced that the Legend of Zelda Retweet challenge was a success and released all of the prizes to every user of Miitomo. Along with this, new rewards were added to My Nintendo that focus on The Legend of Zelda, as well as two new Miitomo Drop stages focused on previous Legend of Zelda titles, along with Breath of the Wind.
- Almost half an hour of new gameplay for Pokémon Sun and Moon was shown during the Treehouse Livestream event. In this footage we saw the player start out in his new hometown and travel to a neighboring town.
- It was also revealed that a new type of battle will be included in Pokémon Sun and Moon; Battle Royale. This type of battle involves four players at once.
- Three new Pokémon were also announced; Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin.
- We were also treated to news of more powerful forms for Solgaleo and Lunala, along with in-game footage of Magearna.
- A second wave of Super Mario amiibo were announced, including Waluigi, Boo, Daisy, and more.
- Paper Mario: Color Splash was also announced to have an October 7th release date.
- A new Mario Party game was announced for the 3DS, titled Mario Party: Star Rush.
- The E3 eShop sale went live as well. Go grab some of your favorite games for up to 40% off!
That’s all the news we received from Nintendo today, please make sure to check out the individual articles for specifics regarding each announcement. See you tomorrow with more Nintendo news from E3!Leave a Comment