Splatoon 3 is finally here! With a new location, story, maps, additions, and more, one thing that isn’t set in stone is a fresh start. For Splatoon 2 players, all that hard work you put in with Turf Wars, Ranked Battles, League Battles, and more can be taken into consideration thanks to transferring your Splatoon 2 save data to Splatoon 3.
After booting up Splatoon 3 and connecting to the internet for the first time (typically this will happen when you start the game for the first time, if not, head to the Lobby!), you’ll be given the option to transfer your Splatoon 2 save data. The prompt will list your level and play time in hours (Note: your level does not transfer over). If you decide to transfer your data (which must be decided when you get the prompt, can you cannot revisit it if you select “Nah”), you’ll get the following bonuses:
- 3 Golden Sheldon Licenses (you can use these to unlock any 3 weapons of your choice that Sheldon currently offers)
- Unlock Anarchy Battles from the start
- If you have a Rank B- or higher in Splatoon 2’s Ranked Battle, then you’ll start out with Rank B- in Splatoon 3’s Anarchy Battles.
- Your Matchmaking Ranking (MMR) (also referred to as Power) is transferred and used to calculate your base MMR for Splatoon 3.
- Specifically, your MMR from your highest power in any mode from Splatoon 2 is selected and adjusted to a range of 1,600 to 2,000.
- Get a shortened tutorial in Salmon Run if you completed the Salmon Run tutorial in Splatoon 2
Also, spoilers for Splatoon 2’s Octo Expansion (click here for details).
If you have updated Splatoon 3 to Version 1.1.0 and reached a specific plot point in Splatoon 2’s Octo Expansion, the Agent 3 customization options you selected in Splatoon 2 will be ported to Splatoon 3.
With that completed, go have fun in The Splatlands!
Leave a Comment