With Pokémon Scarlet and Violet cresting the horizon it’s almost time for The Pokémon Company and its many, many branches to switch over the marketing from Sword and Shield to our new Paldean friends.
The Trading Card Game has confirmed when its first Scarlet and Violet-themed cards are coming and they’ll arrive in the form of Paldea Collection sets.
There will be three Paldea Collection boxes, each themed to a different starter complete with a corresponding pin – Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly. Each box will contain the same cards, however, namely…
- 3 foil promo cards featuring Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly
- 1 foil oversize card featuring Koraidon ex or Miraidon ex
- 1 collector’s pin featuring Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly
- 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
- A code card usable in either the Pokémon TCG Online or Pokémon TCG Live
The Paldea Collection will hit store shelves on January 6th, 2023. They’ll shortly be followed by Scarlet ex and Violet ex “Expansion Pack” sets in Japan on January 20th, though as always the western launch of those cards will likely be some months later – that date is earmarked for Sword & Shield’s “Special Set” in the United States.
The Scarlet and Violet merchandising will only increase as we inch closer to the games’ November 18th release date!