Pokémon GO’s Season of Mischief is almost over and Niantic is doing something a bit different to end the season with a bang. Trainers who have completed all the tasks associated with the Season of Mischief’s Special Research (Misunderstood Mischief) will be getting another set of Special Research tasks that will allow them to unlock Hoopa’s true potential – Hoopa Unbound!
Niantic detailed the requirements needed to access the Special Research via the official Pokémon GO Blog post and on Niantic’s Support account on Twitter as well as mentioning that it’s available for purchase if Trainers haven’t finished the 16-step Special Research.
Outside of the new Special Research, the event will also contain other bonuses, Raid Hours, and Spotlight Hours. Judging by the wording on the official Pokémon GO Blog post, these will be available to all Trainers, regardless of their completion status with the Special Research tasks. The complete event details can be found below:
When: Friday, November 26th, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, November 29th, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. your local time.
The Season of Mischief concludes!
A mysterious bottle and poem have appeared at the doorstep of Professor Willow’s mobile lab. They appear to be related to Hoopa and hint at a method for changing its form, which is now possible thanks to the relationship you’ve developed with Hoopa throughout the Season.
You’ll be able to access this Special Research story by completing the Season-long Misunderstood Mischief Special Research story.
Please note – Trainers will still have the opportunity to make progress on the Special Research story until the end of the Season of Mischief on Wednesday, December 1 at 9:59 a.m. your local time to gain access to the Mischief Unbound Special Research.
If you can’t complete the Misunderstood Mischief Special Research story, you can pick up a ticket for the Mischief Unbound Special Research in the shop for US $4.99 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency).
- Tickets cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Tickets to this Special Research Story are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).
- The ticket for the Mischief Unbound Special Research will be available until the end of the Season of Mischief on Wednesday, December 1 at 9:59 a.m. local time.
- In order to progress through the Mischief Unbound Special Research story, you will need to have obtained a Hoopa from the Misunderstood Mischief Special Research.
- You’ll be able to change Hoopa’s form after you complete the second set of tasks in the Mischief Unbound Special Research. Please note that you will need to have sufficiently progressed in the Misunderstood Mischief Special Research and obtained a Hoopa before being able to change Hoopa’s form.
- Changing Hoopa’s form from Hoopa Confined to Hoopa Unbound requires 50 Hoopa Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
- Changing Hoopa’s form from Hoopa Unbound to Hoopa Confined requires 10 Hoopa Candy and 2,000 Stardust.
You’ll be able to earn some of the resources needed to change Hoopa’s form by completing the Mischief Unbound Special Research story.
- 2× Transfer Candy
- 2× Catch XP
To close out the mischief this Season, you can look forward to Raid Hour events from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. your local time on the following days. Perhaps this is Hoopa’s way of celebrating your time together?
- November 26th: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres
- November 27th: Heatran
- November 28th: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel
- November 29th: Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion
In addition to the extra Raid Hours, there will be additional Spotlight Hours as well! On the following days from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. your local time, these Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild. How mischievous!
- November 26th: Rattata
- November 27th: Sableye
- November 28th: Pikachu
- November 29th: Beldum
New Avatar Item
You can get the following new avatar item from the Mischief Unbound Special Research: Hoopa T-Shirt.
The Hoopa Unbound T-shirt will be available for purchase in the shop after the event ends for those who are unable to complete the Special Research.
Enjoy these final days of the Season of Mischief, Trainers! Soon we’ll be venturing into a brand new season and celebrating the end of 2021 with a few holiday-themed events.
Leave a Comment