While Pokémon GO is embracing its spooky side with this year’s Halloween event, Niantic is already looking forward to what’s next. When Halloween concludes, it’ll be time for a two-day in-game event in honor of Día de Muertos, the Mexican holiday of honoring the dead.
This will be the second Día de Muertos event in Pokémon GO and, while similar to 2020’s event, there are even more bonuses for 2021. According to the official Pokémon GO blog, you can celebrate the Day of the Dead in-game and spot the following Pokémon, bonuses, and more.
Día de Muertos 2021 event
When: Monday, November 1st, 2021 at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021 at 8 p.m. your local time.
Note: Pokémon with an asterisk next to their name signifies that if you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one.
- Wild Encounters! The following Pokémon will be appearing in the wild: Cubone*, Sunkern*, Murkrow*, Houndour*, Sableye*, Roselia*.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter the following – Sunflora, Drifloon*, and Yamask*.
Incense and Lure Encounters! The following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense and Lure Modules: Cubone*, Sunkern*, Sunflora, Murkrow*, Houndour*, Sableye*, and Drifloon*.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter the following – Alolan Marowak* and Yamask*.
- Field Research Task Encounters! The following Pokémon will be available to encounter from Field Research tasks: Cubone*, Sunkern*, and Roselia*.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Alolan Marowak*.
- Collection Challenge: It’s a great time to make progress on your Pokédex! A Collection Challenge will be available during the event!
- Complete the Día de Muertos Collection Challenge by the end of the event to encounter a Shedinja and receive a Poffin and an Incense!
- GO Battle Day: Prepare your most battle-ready Pokémon for Monday, November 1st, 2021 from 12 a.m. t0 11:59 p.m. your local time. You can receive 4x Stardust from win rewards.
- Event Bonuses: You can look forward to the following bonuses.
- Lure Modules and Incense will last for 90 minutes each.
- 2x Catch Stardust
- Latin America and the Caribbean:
- +1 Bonus Transfer Candy
- Featured event Pokémon will be appearing even more often in the wild
- Featured event Pokémon will be attracted even more frequently to Incense
- Featured event Pokémon will be attracted even more frequently to Lure Modules
- Free Event Box: A free event box containing 20 Poké Balls and an Incense will be available.
- Avatar Item: A free Día de Muertos T-shirt avatar item inspired by the pecked paper (papel picado), a decorative craft commonly used in Día de Muertos celebrations, will be available.
In addition to the above, the Día de Muertos event overlaps with Pokémon GO’s weekly Spotlight Hour. While catching Pokémon on Tuesday, November 2nd from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (your local time), don’t be surprised if you encounter swarms of Cacnea!
Enjoy the Día de Muertos event when it begins on Monday, November 1st at 10 a.m. (your local time) and stay safe when playing Pokémon GO on the go!
Leave a Comment