Step aside Charmander, another Pokémon is getting a second Pokémon GO Community Day (well, outside of the Community Day Celebration events). The cute and precious Eevee is August’s Community Day Pokémon! The official Pokémon GO blog made the announcement today. Check out the full details below for this two-day Community Day catch-a-thon!
Community Day Features
When: Saturday, August 14th at 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (your local time) and Sunday, August 15th at 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (your local time).
- Eevee will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Eevee Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, What You Choose to Be.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the What You Choose to Be Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Eggs will require one quarter their usual Hatch Distance.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
Features outside of Community Day hours
When: Friday, August 13th at 10 a.m. to Monday, August 16th at 10 a.m. PT (GMT -7)
- When you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions, that Pokémon will know a special attack!
- Vaporeon: Scald
- Jolteon: Zap Cannon
- Flareon: Superpower
- Espeon: Shadow Ball
- Umbreon: Psychic
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed
- Glaceon: Water Pulse
- Sylveon: Psyshock
- Eevee caught or hatched during this time will know Last Resort.
- Evolving Eevee into Sylveon will require only seven hearts instead of the usual 70.
- There will be special Timed Research available that rewards a Mossy Lure Module and a Glacial Lure Module.
- There will be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM.
Niantic also notes in the blog post that “stickers inspired by Eevee and its Evolutions will be available throughout August”. The Eevee sticker will be available by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts from friends, and purchasing them from the in-game shop. Stickers of the Eeveelutions will only be available for sale via the in-game shop.
This isn’t Eevee’s first time in the Pokémon GO Community Day spotlight! The adorable Pokémon took center stage for August 2018’s Community Day. Back then, it was the first two-day Community Day event and only the Eeveelutions from Kanto and Johto were available. Now, in 2021, the rest of the Eeveelution family is here making it the perfect weekend to evolve ’em all!
Leave a Comment