When it comes to Pokémon, there’s nothing in the pocket-monster universe that’s more summery than the Alola region. The island paradise is absolutely brimming with tropical vistas, gorgeous beaches, and summer-time snacks. If you ask me, there’s not much better than that in any universe – Pokémon or otherwise. DeNa Co. certainly thinks so, too – why else would they plan such a glorious, Alolan summer blowout for Pokémon Masters EX?
From now until the end of the month, Pokemon Masters EX will be awash with summer vibes and tropical good times, featuring new story content and a handful of new Alolan sync pairs: Lana and Araquanid, Kiawe and Marowak, Hala and Crabominable, and The Masked Royal and Incineroar!
Here’s more info on the timing and content for each in-game event:
- A story event called “Town Square Street Fair” will feature these sync pairs as they enjoy a Pasio street fair, interacting and battling against other Trainers like Korrina, Fantina, and Silver. Players that participate in the event will be able to earn in-game rewards, such as 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets (up to eight). Players that log-in to the game every day during the event, available from now until June 29 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story, can also earn up to 1,000 Gems.
- Lana & Araquanid Arrive on Pasio: This Water-type sync pair can deploy moves like Wide Guard, which makes them take a defensive posture and nullifies moves that target your entire team (excluding sync moves). This sync pair can also reach a 6★EX Potential rating, which increases the strength of their sync moves and provides them with an additional optional outfit to wear. Lana & Araquanid will be available to add to players’ teams via the sync pair spotlight scout, available now until June 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Kiawe & Marowak (Alola Form) – Available Now: This Fire-type sync pair utilizes moves that can recover HP and strengthen allies, such as Flame Charge and Dancing Fever! This sync pair can reach a 6★EX Potential rating and is available to add to players’ teams until June 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Hala & Crabominable – Available Now: This Ice-type sync pair will be available to add to players’ teams via the sync pair spotlight scout, available from now until June 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Known as the Kahuna of Melemele Island and grandfather of Hau (whose partner Pokémon is Raichu), Hala forms a sync pair with Crabominable, and together can unleash moves that boost stats, such as Dire Hit+ and Make ‘Em Holla! This sync pair can also reach a 6★EX Potential rating.
- The Masked Royal & Incineroar – Available Now: This Dark-Type sync pair applies its passive skill to lowers all opponents’ Attack when entering a battle, and can attack all opponents’ at once with the move Brutal Swing. This sync pair can reach a 6★EX Potential rating and is available to add to players’ teams until June 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Chapter 29 Added to the Main Story: In this new story chapter, the semifinals of the Pokémon Masters League (PML) have finally arrived, pitting the player character’s team of sync pairs against Lear’s. A highlight of this story is the conversations between Lear, Rachel, and Sawyer that show the bonds the three of them share.
Alongside the in-game summertime goodness, the official Pokémon Masters EX Twitter is hosting an Alolan-themed “Fun in the Sun” re-tweet sweepstakes, with 10,000 gems up for grabs! Check out the tweet below for the full rules and to participate:
More Alolan Trainers have arrived on Pasio! It’s time to celebrate with a new event! Follow and RT this post by June 28 for a chance to win 10,000 gems. If this reaches 3,000 RT, we’ll choose 10 more winners to receive 3,000 gems!
— Pokémon Masters EX (@PokemonMasters) June 15, 2021
Good luck and happy summer, Trainers!
Leave a Comment