Update (Tuesday, April 27th at 7:35 a.m. PT): Niantic released more details concerning Luminous Legends Y and the article has been updated to reflect that.
Get ready, Trainers! A batch of new Pokémon hailing from the Kalos region are on their way to Pokémon GO during the Luminous Legends X and Luminous Legends Y events! Among the mix of Fairy and Dragon-type monsters making their Pokémon GO debut will be the Generation VI box art legendaries – Xerneas and Yveltal.
Players won’t need to wait long to start seeking out these new ‘mons, as the Luminous Legends X event will begin on Tuesday, May 4th, at 10 a.m. and run until Monday, May 17th, at 8 p.m. (your local time). Here are all the details straight from the official Pokémon GO blog:
- Xerneas will make its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids! This Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region has horns on its head that shine in seven different colors, and legends say it’s known to share everlasting life.
- Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! Spritzee and Swirlix will be appearing more frequently in the wild alongside other Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon, like Dratini, Ralts, Bagon, Cottonee, and more. If you’re extremely lucky, you might find a Goomy in the wild!
- Rainy Lure Modules are coming to Pokémon GO! This Lure Module will attract certain Pokémon that like rain, such as Water-, Bug-, and Electric-type Pokémon. When you’re near a PokéStop with an active Rainy Lure Module, you can evolve Sliggoo (the Evolution of Goomy) into Goodra. You can also evolve Sliggoo when the in-game weather is rainy.
- Complete event-exclusive Timed Research to encounter Fairy-type Pokémon, including Spritzee and Swirlix, as well as receive a Rainy Lure Module and other rewards.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill, Gible, Swirlix, and Spritzee.
- Psychic-, Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon like Galarian Ponyta, Alolan Exeggutor, Xerneas, and more will be appearing in raids!
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Psychic-, Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon, including Galarian Ponyta, Gible, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks will lead to encounters with Galarian Ponyta!
- Dragonite and Salamence will be able to learn certain attacks during this event! Evolve a Dragonair or use a Charged TM on a Dragonite to teach it Draco Meteor, and evolve a Shelgon or use a Charged TM on a Salamence to teach it Outrage.
- In addition, you can work with other Trainers to catch Fairy-type Pokémon—by doing so, you can unlock rewards during the second half of the event! From Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time, you and other Trainers worldwide can work together to catch 500 million Fairy-type Pokémon in total. If the goal is met, special bonuses will be available from Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
- A 3× Catch XP bonus will be active for the rest of the event.
- Pancham will make its Pokémon GO debut, appearing in raids for the rest of the event.
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Galarian Ponyta! Shiny Galarian Ponyta will continue to be available after the event.
Details concerning the Luminous Legends Y event have been shared in Niantic’s May 2021 events blog post: “From Tuesday, May 18, 2021, to Monday, May 31, 2021, the Legendary Pokémon Yveltal will be making its Pokémon GO debut! We’ve also received word that Team GO Rocket could be planning on causing some trouble around then, and also that Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild. Sounds like the perfect opportunity to put your newly caught Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon to use! Like the Luminous Legends X event, you’ll be able to unlock rewards during the second week of the Luminous Legends Y event by completing select challenges.”
Have fun and stay safe out there, Trainers!
[crfp] Leave a Comment