The Season of Legends in Pokémon GO is set to continue with Rivals Week. This seven-day event will see the addition of two new Pokémon and one new Legendary! The new Pokémon being added have a theme of rivalry about them, and that theme extends to the rest of the events that will be available throughout the week.
Here’s all the details from the official Pokémon GO blog post:
- Skrelp and Clauncher will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! They’ll be appearing in the wild, in raids, and in encounters after you complete Field Research tasks.
- Therian Forme Landorus is also making its Pokémon GO debut! Encounter the Abundance Pokémon in five-star raids.
- Enjoy the Rivals’ Week challenge in the Global Challenge Arena! All Trainers around the world can work together to win Raid Battles and unlock a 2× Catch Stardust bonus for the duration of the event!
- Pokémon known for their rivalries will be appearing more often in the wild, such as Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, Seviper, and more!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs throughout the event: Machop, Tyrogue, Elekid, Magby, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, and Seviper.
- Rivalries will continue in raids as well! Pokémon like Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Zangoose, Seviper, and more will be appearing in raids!
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will lead to encounters with rival Pokémon, such as Skrelp and Clauncher, as well.
- Sources tell us that Team GO Rocket will be taking over PokéStops more often. Their balloons will also be appearing more frequently!
Rivals Week will begin on Tuesday, April 13th, at 10:00 a.m. local time, and run until Sunday, April 18th, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
Good luck out there and stay safe, Trainers!
Leave a Comment