Niantic certainly seems to be in a loving mood while gearing up for this year’s Valentine’s Day, as it has lots of surprises in store for Pokémon GO players next week.
The latest official Pokémon GO blog post features a long list of things to look out for, including a welcome surprise for those pursuing a complete Pokédex: Munna will be making its debut in the game, which you can also evolve into Musharna with an Unova Stone. Speaking of evolution, you can also evolve Kirlia during the event to get a Gardevoir or a Gallade that knows the attack Synchronoise.
Look out for these Pokémon
- Appearing more often in the wild: Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Munna, and more. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Feebas!
- Hatching from 5 km Eggs: Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Luvdisc, Munna, Woobat, and Cottonee.
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research: Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda with a heart pattern, and Alomomola.
The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids:
- One-star raids: Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Feebas, Munna, and Espurr.
- Three-star raids: Togetic, Espeon, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Alomomola.
- Five-star raids: Latias and Latios.
- Mega Raids: Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos.
- Complete the Valentine’s Day-themed Collection Challenge during the event by collecting Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Espeon, Umbreon, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Latias, Latios, and Alomomola to receive five Silver Pinap Berries, a Lucky Egg, and an Egg Incubator. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
- In the shop: You can pick up a free one-time bundle in the shop featuring three Remote Raid Passes.
- Event-exclusive stickers will be available from Gifts.
- New Munna-inspired avatar items will be available in the shop during and after the event.
- Increased chance to become Lucky Friends with your friends.
- Increased chance that Pokémon you trade become Lucky Pokémon.
- Trade range increased to 40 km.
- Increased chance of receiving Berries from Gifts.
The event will take place from Sunday, February 14th at 1 p.m. to Thursday, February 18th, at 8 p.m. (your local time). While you wait to get stuck in with the lovefest of activities, don’t forget that the new Love Cup league competition is now running until Monday, February 15th, at 1 p.m. PT.
Leave a Comment