Happy New Year! This time, it’s the Lunar New Year and the celebration returns to Pokémon GO. With this year being the Year of the Ox, the North American region exclusive Tauros will be making a worldwide appearance via Timed Research. Not only ox-like Pokémon will be featured though, as a variety of red Pokémon, Shiny Gyarados and its Mega Evolution form, and Pokémon representing other Lunar New Year animals will be in abundance!
Once again the official Pokémon GO blog has shared the full details:
- Red Pokémon—like Krabby, Goldeen, Magmar, Magikarp, Miltank, Meditite, Tepig, and more—will appear more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might spot a Gyarados in the wild. Will you be lucky enough to encounter the coveted red Shiny Gyarados?
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Meowth, Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Meditite, and Miltank.
- Pokémon representing animals associated with Lunar New Year will be hatching from 5 km Eggs! Keep an eye out for Rattata, Ekans, Mankey, Ponyta, Mareep, Houndour, Miltank, Torchic, Bagon, Buneary, Tepig, and Litleo.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Meditite, Carvanha, Duskull, Skorupi, and Darumaka will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Miltank, Octillery, Blaziken, Camerupt, and Absol will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Latios and Latias will be appearing in five-star raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos will be appearing in Mega Raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time. This will be Mega Gyarados’s debut in Pokémon GO!
- In celebration of the Year of the Ox, Tauros, the Wild Bull Pokémon, will be featured in Timed Research!
- Gifts will contain more Poké Balls, so be sure to send lots of Gifts to your friends.
- You’re more likely to become Lucky Friends with your friends, so be sure to swap Gifts, battle in raids, and trade with them!
- When you trade a Pokémon, it’ll be more likely to become a Lucky Pokémon.
- Trading range will be temporarily increased to 40 km from Monday, February 8, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, February 15, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST(GMT −8).
The Lunar New Year festivities begin in Pokémon GO on Tuesday, February 9th, at 10 a.m. and end on Sunday, February 14th at 1 p.m. (your local time). Good luck, happy hunting, and stay safe while playing!
Leave a Comment