February is a big month for the Pokémon franchise. Celebrating its 25th anniversary, there are plenty of events and announcements to participate in and look forward to! Well, except for a particularly nasty one. Team GO Rocket is up to something, which means we’ll have to crash their plans yet again.
Supposedly, according to the official Pokémon GO Blog and intel gathered about Team GO Rocket, this party will be in full swing from Tuesday, February 2nd, at 10 a.m. to Sunday, February 7th, at 8 p.m. (your local time). As for what’s on the itinerary, this is what we know so far:
- We’ve received word that Team GO Rocket Grunts will be turning the following Pokémon into Shadow Pokémon: Swinub, Nosepass, Aron, Spheal, Lileep, Anorith, and more.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will also have different teams of Pokémon during the event and after its conclusion.
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leaders during the event for a chance to receive a Team GO Rocket Leader Gift sticker.
- Be on the lookout for Pokémon like Golbat, Koffing, Ariados, Qwilfish, Sneasel, Houndour, Nuzleaf, Stunky, Skorupi, and Venipede appearing more often in the wild!
- Qwilfish, Larvitar, Corphish, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, Vullaby, and Deino will be hatching from Strange Eggs during and after the event.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- One-star raids: Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Gligar, Sneasel, Shinx, and Klink.
- Three-star raids: Nidoqueen, Ariados, Umbreon, Tyranitar, and Absol.
- Five-star raids: Raikou and Suicune will both be appearing at different times. Please see the February events blog for more info on the Raid Boss schedule in February.
- Mega Raids: Mega Venusaur, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Houndoom.
- Event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research will be available.
- The Team GO Rocket–themed Timed Research that begins during the Johto Celebration event will continue during this event and will reward an encounter with the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh that knows the exclusive attack Earthquake!
- Keep a lookout for more invaded PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons than usual!
- Half Egg Hatch Distance when an Egg is placed inside an Incubator during the event.
Prepare for trouble? Team GO Rocket is making it more than double! Prepare your Pokémon for battle now and get ready to face Giovanni’s minions next week.
Leave a Comment