In celebration of the death of 2020, Pokémon GO will be holding a New Year’s event that brings lots of other reasons to celebrate 2021.
The main gimmick to this year’s event is that Slowpoke is late to the party, and players will be able to find the Water/Psychic-type wearing 2020 glasses by completing Field Research tasks, in Raids, and in 2 km Eggs. Please, someone warn Slowpoke! Get away from 2020! You can spare the beast its cursed fate by evolving it into Slowbro, after which it will get the appropriate 2021 glasses.
The event will include numerous other goodies:
- Year’s hat will be hatching from 2 km Eggs
- Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat will be appearing in the wild and after you complete Field Research tasks. You can also get one by evolving a Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat.
- Evolve Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat to get a Raichu wearing a New Year’s hat!
- Wynaut will be hatching from 2 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Wynaut!
- Raticate, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple wearing party hats will be appearing in one-star raids. Klink and Espurr will be joining them as well.
- Eevee wearing a party hat will be available as a Field Research reward encounter.
- Dress up for 2021! Beginning on Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), the 2021 Glasses and the New Year’s Party Hat avatar items will be available in the in-app shop.
- Boxes will contain different items during the event! Check out the shop for more details.
The festivities will also offer 2x Hatch Candy, 2x Hatch Stardust, and half hatch distance for Eggs put into incubators during the event.
This New Year celebration runs from December 31st at 10 p.m. to January 4th at 10 p.m. (local time). Be sure to catch lots of Slowpoke to evolve them and spare them from this year!
Leave a Comment