For the first full weekend this November, Niantic is trying something new with Pokémon GO. Around the world, there will be “Special Weekend” events sponsored by various companies. This first run is limited to Japan, Mexico, and the United States, and below are the specific sponsors and times related to each country:
- Verizon: Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- Grubhub: Sunday, November 8, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- 7-Eleven Mexico: Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm local time
These events share the same perks, except for specific Unown letters (i.e.: Unown G & H for Grubhub’s event):
- Timed Research will be available for ticket holders during the event times. These research tasks will provide you a chance to encounter Pokémon such as Chansey, Sunkern, Mawile, Spoink, Bronzor, Gible, and Sewaddle, as well as earn items such as Incense, a Star Piece, and Charizard Mega Energy!
- Special Pokémon will be attracted to Incense, such as Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Sableye, Patrat, Minccino, Ferroseed, and various forms of Unown. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Ferroseed!
- The special Pokémon appearing in the wild are specific to each Special Weekend event, so be sure to check out more in-depth details at each respective event blog, which can be found on pokemongolive.com.
- As a note, Shiny Unown will not be available during these events.
- Verizon: V, Z
- Grubhub: G, H
- 7-Eleven Mexico: S, E
- Softbank & 7-Eleven Japan: S, B
- Matsumoto Kiyoshi: K, M
To participate, you’ll need to obtain a code from the sponsor (i.e.: be a Verizon cellular customer or know someone who is and will not use their code) and input it via the Pokémon GO Offer Redemption site. Then, open the Pokémon GO app on your smart device and accept the ticket in-game.
Leave a Comment