Pokémon Journeys: The Series has changed up the anime’s formula in a lot of ways, and now it’s bringing some of its fun to Pokémon GO. The mobile game has announced an Animation Week event, where various species related to Journeys will be appearing in greater numbers along with other additions and opportunities.
Starting November 6th, the following event features will go into effect:
- World Cap Pikachu will be appearing in the wild. Some lucky Trainers may even encounter a Shiny one!
- From Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Lugia will be returning to five-star raids—this time with the attack Aeroblast!
- Pokémon like Ivysaur, Pinsir, Snorlax, Golurk, and others will be appearing in raids.
- You can look forward to encountering the following Pokémon more frequently in the wild: Bulbasaur, Exeggcute, Cubone, Scyther, Dratini, Cyndaquil, and more! If you’re lucky, you may even encounter a Shiny Cubone!
- Pichu, Mantyke, Riolu, and Cubone will be hatching from 7 km Eggs. Lucky Trainers may even hatch a Shiny Cubone!
- Take on new Timed Research inspired by multiple episodes of the ongoing series Pokémon Journeys: The Series!
- Goh might appear in GO Snapshot! Be sure to take a snapshot during the event!
- Goh-inspired avatar items will be available! Check out the Style Shop to get yours for free.
Of particular note is the newest hatted Pikachu, sporting Ash’s World Cap. Shiny Cubone will also be a possible catch and hatch, and it sounds like the elusive Riolu will also get a slight boost in 7 km eggs, among others. Hope your Aura is strong enough and catch ’em all early next month.