Trick-or-treat, fight-or-fright! However you celebrate Halloween, you’ll definitely want to read up on what Niantic has planned for Pokémon GO’s spooky festivities!
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) October 19, 2020
First, it’s Halloween, so we gotta dress up. This year it’s Gengar and Sableye’s turn to don some Poké Costumes! They’ll be joined by Galarian Yamask, which is debuting for first for the time in-game. You’ll also see Darkrai return in five-star raids, a plethora of Ghost-type Pokémon appearing in the wild (raids and eggs too), candy bonuses, special timed events during the weekend, and more!
You can read all the details below (from the Pokémon GO Blog), including where you can find last year’s Kanto trick-or-treaters (costumed Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu) reappear:
Date + Time
Friday, October 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, will be featured in raids, and will be hatching more frequently from Eggs.
- This year, Gengar and Sableye will be wearing costumes! Face off with costumed Gengar in raids and keep an eye out for costumed Sableye in the wild—it may even hatch from an Egg!
- Galarian Yamask will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time! Complete the new Halloween 2020 Special Research, A Spooky Message Unmasked, to help Professor Willow uncover the mysteries surrounding this Pokémon.
- Spiritomb can be encountered by completing certain Field Research tasks and by completing the new Halloween 2020 Special Research story, A Spooky Message Unmasked. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Trainers who completed the Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research will be able to participate in exclusive Timed Research that will reward Gengar Mega Energy.
- Darkrai will be featured in five-star raids!
- Enjoy Halloween-themed Field Research tasks!
- New avatar items will be available in the Style Shop! Get dressed for Halloween with a Pikachu Mask, Gengar Onesie, Sableye Goggles, Sableye Mask, or Banette Mask! You can also try out the new Spooky Pose!
- Keep those eyes peeled for the Creepy Crate, Boo Bundle, and Pumpkin Pack boxes in the shop!
- Take a snapshot for some spooky surprises!
- 2× Transfer Candy
- 2× Catch Candy
This year’s Halloween event will contain a number of ways to celebrate.
- Alolan Marowak Raid Day — On Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Alolan Marowak will be appearing more often in raids.
- Catch Mastery: Ghost Day — On Sunday, October 25, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time, Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild and there will be event-exclusive Timed Research available to complete. More details here.
- GO Battle League: Halloween Cup — From Monday, October 26, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), the Halloween Cup will be live in the GO Battle League. In this format, only Poison-, Bug-, Ghost-, Dark-, and Fairy-type Pokémon with 1500 CP or less will be allowed to participate. You can also earn encounters with costumed Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle!!
Remember to be safe while partaking in some Pokémon GO fun times! Don’t forget to utilize any free Remote Raid passes and Free Daily Box items via the in-game Shop.
Leave a Comment