The “evil” and nefarious Team GO Rocket is up to their tricks yet again in the world of Pokémon GO. On the rebound from their failed plans during Pokémon GO Fest 2020, you’ll see an onslaught of grunts invading the game and they’re carrying something strange with them.
Pokémon GO’s official blog has all the details about this latest event. Currently planned for a week, you’ll want to see what hijinks will be taking place from Monday, October 12th, at 1:00 p.m. PT to Monday, October 19th, at 10:00 p.m. PT:
- Strange Eggs have appeared in Pokémon GO! According to Spark’s early research, the following Poison-type Pokémon, Dark-type Pokémon, and Pokémon that acquire one of those types via Evolution can hatch from these Eggs: Larvitar, Scraggy, Trubbish, and Vullaby—though there may be even more!
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket Leader to receive a Strange Egg, and walk 12 km to hatch it. You’ll need to have space in your Egg inventory before your battle with Sierra, Cliff, or Arlo in order to receive a Strange Egg. Strange Eggs will continue to be available in Pokémon GO after the event ends.
- Eggs placed in Incubators during the event will require one-quarter the normal walking distance to hatch.
- For the first time since March, new Team GO Rocket Special Research will be available! Join Professor Willow as he and the team leaders investigate Team GO Rocket’s involvement with Strange Eggs, culminating in a battle with Giovanni himself! This is the last Team GO Rocket Special Research in 2020. If you currently have the The Shadowy Threat Grows Special Research from earlier this year, you’ll need to complete it first before you can obtain this new Special Research.
- Poison-type and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild! Look forward to encountering Spinarak, Houndour, Poochyena, Gulpin, Stunky, Purrloin and more.
- Team GO Rocket will be more active than usual! Keep an eye out for Team GO Rocket taking over more PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons appearing more often.
- Take a snapshot for a surprise!
- Team GO Rocket Leader avatar items are now available in the shop. Perhaps you could use these avatar items to infiltrate and investigate Team GO Rocket! GO forth, Trainer!
In addition, we’ve heard reports that Team GO Rocket Grunts now is using the following Shadow Pokémon: Diglett, Shellder, Slowpoke,, Aerodactyl, and Skarmory. Team GO Rocket Leaders also appear to be using Shadow Growlithe, Shadow Drowzee, and Shadow Omanyte—if you’re incredibly lucky, you might be able to rescue a Shiny version of one of these Shadow Pokémon. Finally, defeat Giovanni for a chance to rescue Shadow Mewtwo! This is the first time Shadow Mewtwo is available in Pokémon GO outside of the Rocket Straight to Victory Special Research, which was exclusive to Pokémon GO Fest 2020.
After this event begins on Monday, October 12, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), you’ll be able to save Shadow Mewtwo and Shadow Pokémon from Giovanni, the Team GO Rocket Leaders, and Grunts when those Team GO Rocket members are piloting Team GO Rocket balloons. However, you won’t be able to encounter the Team GO Rocket Leaders’ new Shadow Pokémon or Shadow Mewtwo from PokéStops until the next day in your local time.
It’s time to investigate these dastardly plans and catch some new Pokémon along the way!
Leave a Comment