Earlier this year, Niantic implemented various temporary bonuses for Pokémon GO players around the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, as we approach October, Niantic is beginning to remove some temporary bonuses, but also make some permanent.
Outlined in a post on the official Pokémon GO Blog:
The following temporary bonuses will remain to improve Pokémon GO’s overall gameplay experience.
- The maximum number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag at a time will remain at 20.
- You will continue to receive three times the Stardust and XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day.
- Incense duration will remain at 60 minutes.
When possible, people are generally encouraged to spend time outside, go on walks, and exercise for their mental and physical health—all while social distancing and abiding by other health and safety recommendations. Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), the following temporary bonuses will be modified.
- Hatch Distance will return to normal for Eggs.
- The increased effectiveness of Incense will now apply only while walking.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will now bring you Gifts only when you have nearly run out. This will happen only once per day.
- You will still have a higher chance of getting a Gift when you spin a PokéStop. However, you won’t be guaranteed to get a Gift.
Incubators will be included in more boxes in the in-game shop.
Niantic is still “continuously monitoring the ever-evolving global situation and are working hard to reschedule previously planned live events to 2021.” It all depends on where the world is at in terms of prevention, vaccine, etc. in 2021. For now, at least you have a heads up on what bonuses to take advantage of before they disappear this Thursday.
Leave a Comment