The cross-promotion you didn’t think would happen is becoming a reality – Pokémon and the world of Pairs Fashion Week. Thanks to a collaboration between The Pokémon Company and luxury designer brand Longchamp Paris, a line of Pokémon-themed handbags is coming soon. Ahead of the collection’s North American announcement (Nylon Singapore reported it hours earlier), Niantic is showing off their plans to celebrate the collab, Paris Fashion Week. Get ready to add some extra fashion to your Avatar and your Pokémon party, but for a limited time only.
In celebration of the collaboration between The Pokémon Company and Longchamp Paris, and the beginning of Paris Fashion Week, we’re proud to announce that costumed Pokémon and a new avatar item will be available in Pokémon GO! https://t.co/7VJDLj4MLp pic.twitter.com/EVm9a4y4X7
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) September 21, 2020
The event will begin on Friday, October 2nd, at 8:00 a.m. PT and end on Thursday, October 8th, at 10:00 p.m. PT. Niantic, thankfully, expanded upon the tweet announcement on the official Pokémon GO Blog. You can expect the following Pokémon and features to be active during this event:
- Special Pokémon wearing costumes will be appearing during the event!
- Smoochum that hatch from 7 km Eggs during this time will appear wearing a bow!
- Kirlia wearing a top hat will be appearing in raids! They’ll also know the move Draining Kiss.
- Shinx wearing a top hat will be appearing in raids!
- Croagunk wearing a backwards cap will appear in GO Snapshot as a surprise encounter! They may also rarely appear in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in the wild: Mareep, Skitty, Roselia, Kricketot, Croagunk wearing a backward cap, Blitzle, Cottonee, Minccino, Gothita, and more!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Kricketot!
- Enjoy exclusive Field Research for the duration of the event.
- Dress up for fashion week—in person and in-game! Be sure to head to the shop for a free Longchamp avatar item in Pokémon GO. Then, you can match with your Trainer avatar by picking up the same Longchamp item in stores. For more information on availability, please visit the official Longchamp website.
While the highly requested Cowboy Hat Caterpie doesn’t show up in these notes, hopefully, Niantic is just preparing for Halloween and we’ll see more Pokémon dressing up next month!
Leave a Comment