Pokémon GO posted a statement congratulating Trainers who have completed the Kanto and Johto themed Timed Research and are on their way to completing the Hoenn event. In just a couple days, the Throwback Challenge 2020: Sinnoh Timed Research will begin, bringing Trainers one step closer to accessing the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research.
If you missed completing any of the four Timed Research lines, which is required to unlock the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research, you can still access the same tasks and rewards the Research provides by purchasing a ticket in the shop.
If you earn the Throwback Challenge Research or purchase a ticket for the Throwback Challenge Celebration 2020 Special Research, you’ll receive the following:
- Encounters with Galarian Meowth and Galarian Stunfisk This is their first appearance in Pokémon GO.
- Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region, such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Audino, Darumaka, Gothita, and Genesect.
- A chance to earn exciting rewards, including Professor Willow’s glasses as an exclusive avatar item.
From Wednesday, June 3rd, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 8th, at 1:00 p.m. local time, all Trainers can look forward to the following features, even if they don’t have access to any version of the Throwback Research:
- Galarian Stunfisk will be making its Pokémon GO debut. Find it in the wild, in raids, and as a Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research reward encounter.
- The following Pokémon will also be making their Pokémon GO debut and hatching from 7 km Eggs along with their usual forms: Galarian Meowth, Galarian Zigzagoon, Galarian Darumaka, and Galarian Stunfisk. Try evolving Galarian Meowth, Galarian Zigzagoon, and Galarian Darumaka.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
So go out there, and be sure to catch them all!
Leave a Comment