Pokémon GO’s AR function was enhanced this year with the public release of GO Snapshot, a feature that allows you to take photos of any caught Pokémon in the real world. This update also brought Smeargle’s artistic talents and photobombing habits, adding a new element to catching Pokémon. Ash Hat Pikachu took advantage of photobombing as well on April Fools’, reappearing for those who missed the initial distribution event.
Beyond that, Niantic has been asking Trainers to send them their AR Snapshots via Twitter and Instagram with #GOSnapshot added to posts. PokémonGOApp has been sharing news about the feature throughout the last few weeks and now it’s up to you to compete in a series of GO Snapshot challenges. Three themed challenges have been announced, and the complete details have been posted on the Pokémon GO Blog:
It’s time for a photo shoot with your Buddy Pokémon! In this challenge, we’re looking for Trainers to show us photos that highlight the connection between them and their Buddy Pokémon. From your shared adventures at the park to some fun moments at home, we want to see what makes your Buddy Pokémon your buddy!
Challenge Dates: April 15, 2019, to April 24, 2019
For our Habitat Challenge, we’re asking Trainers to take the best photos of Pokémon in their natural habitat! It’s time to learn more about your Pokémon, as understanding a Pokémon’s type and Pokédex information is an important factor in winning this challenge!
Challenge Dates: April 29, 2019, to May 8, 2019
GO CREATE CHALLENGE
With GO Snapshot, there are almost no limits when it comes to where, when, and how you capture AR photos of your Pokémon. In our Go Create Challenge, we’re asking you to show us how innovative you can get with GO Snapshot. We can’t wait to see where your creativity takes you, Trainers!
Challenge Dates: May 13, 2019, to May 22, 2019
So, what does it take to win? And what do the winners get?
- The grand-prize winner and two runners-up for each challenge will be selected based on the originality, creativity, and visual fun of their snapshots.
- Each runner-up will win a special PokéStop featuring their winning photo that will remain no less than three months!
- The grand-prize winner for each challenge will receive this special PokéStop and be whisked away with travel and tickets to a 2019 Pokémon GO Fest of their choice!
Ah yes, the fine print! A separate article outlining all the rules has also been posted on the Pokémon GO Blog, but here are a few notable points to consider before you start snapping away:
- LIMIT THREE (3) PHOTO ENTRIES PER ENTRANT PER CHALLENGE USING ONLY ONE (1) INSTAGRAM OR (1) TWITTER ACCOUNT THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST PERIOD. Entrants may only use one (1) Instagram account or (1) Twitter account to participate in the Contest. Entrant’s Twitter or Instagram account must remain public until all winners have been announced.
- Photos where children appear in or are identifiable in the photo without adults also present will not be considered and will be deemed void.
- The first Challenge is the Buddy Challenge, which begins at 12:00:00 A.M. PT on April 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on April 24, 2019.
- The second Challenge is the Habitat Challenge, which begins at 12:00:00 A.M. PT on April 29, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on May 8, 2019.
- The third Challenge is the Go Create Challenge, which begins at 12:00:00 A.M. PT on May 13, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on May 22, 2019.
Charge up your batteries, practice your composition, and have your favorite Pokémon ready to pose for the camera starting next week!
Leave a Comment