The Niantic team is quite busy and doing their best to get us ramped up for spring! In a cheeky mood today, the official Pokémon GO Twitter account asked a very important question:
Trainers, what do you know about Lotad? 🕵️🔍🤔
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) March 22, 2019
In response, Trainers have replied in a variety of ways. Everything from quoting Lotad’s Pokédex entry, to bringing up that its second stage evolved form (Ludicolo) is in Pokémon: Detective Pikachu, to mentioning that the Pokémon doesn’t spawn often in their area — and more. Niantic has heard you and is pleased to report that there’s a Limited Research opportunity coming up that’s all about Water- and Grass-type Pokémon.
“Professor Willow is looking to conduct Limited Research on the impact of weather on Pokémon, with a focus on the Water- and Grass-type Pokémon Lotad. Spin Photo Discs at nearby PokéStops to obtain Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with this Water Weed Pokémon. While you’re completing research, keep an eye out for other Pokémon that could be impacted by weather conditions, such as Castform!”
So what’s the incentive to take part in Professor Willow’s research? It could be extremely Shiny, if you’re lucky. Niantic posted the finite details that will be happening in this nine hour period:
- Pokémon that appear due to weather conditions will appear more frequently during the event.
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Lotad.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny Lotad and Shiny Castform in its Normal form!
- The move Weather Ball for Castform will be permanently added to the game.
March’s Limited Research is scheduled for Saturday, March 30th, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (your local time zone). You’ll have a week to prep after running around, catching all the Treeckos you can find during Community Day tomorrow. Which, please understand, is scheduled to take place 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. your local time.
Leave a Comment