Attention, Trainers! A new update for Pokémon GO has dropped for Android, with iOS soon to follow.
Here’s Niantic’s notes on the new update:
- Improved the in-game News feature.
- The Pokémon Collection search function now lets Trainers search using “Shiny.”
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
Those are all the details that Niantic has given us, but thanks to The Silph Road team’s digging, we have some additional notes!
Here’s some of the key points from what they found:
- New’s section changes
- Unread Messages are prioritized
- Device support check
- Allows you to check if your phone/tablet can run the game
- Pokédex display buttons for Deoxys and Costform
- Pokédex can toggle between forms, genders, and shiny/not shiny
- . New Quest functionality
- Two types of Quests: Story and Challenge
- New other Quest objectives
- Catch Pokémon
- Spin PokéStop
- Hatch Egg
- Walk Buddy
- Feed Pokémon
- Win Gym Battle
- Complete Raid Battle
- Levelup Badge
Looks like an in-game quest system is in the works. Pretty exciting stuff!
For the full details check out the The Silph Road team’s news page.Leave a Comment