Jose Otero at IGN recently attended an event in New York. There, Nintendo showed invited journalists to see the New Nintendo 2DS XL, as well as a few upcoming games.
In their video, IGN brought along a New Nintendo 3DS XL to do a side-by-side comparison. There are a few differences between the two, besides the lack of 3D and color combination.
- Microphone and camera are on the inside on the hinge.
- Outside cameras are now on the bottom base of the unit (versus the top).
- Speakers are on the outside of the unit too – just facing towards the player. Power and indicator lights are nearby.
- An even smaller stylus (perhaps on par with the one from the NN3DS?).
- Cartridge and SD card slots are next to one another and have a protective covering/hatch.
- Volume slider on the outside, left side of the handheld base.
Still baffled by the system? Intrigued to check it out? Does this new information change your mind from how you felt after the initial announcement? Let us know down in the comments below!Leave a Comment