UPDATE: The official Super Mario Run website is now available.
Nintendo is bringing Mario to iOS! The Apple Event is taking place this very moment, and just a minute ago, the very Shigeru Miyamoto himself announced that Super Mario Run will be coming to iOS later this year.
We’re currently in the process of gathering all the information discussed during the event to you. For now, here’s a list of highlights Miyamoto revealed to the world:
- Mario runs automatically to the right. Touching enemies defeats them.
- The longer you tap him, the higher he jumps.
- Later levels have blocks that will change Mario’s direction.
- Collect as many coins as you can and get to the end of the level before time runs out.
- There’s a battle mode called Toad Rally.
- Choose an opponent and try to beat their high score.
- Play with friends and with people around the world.
- There’s no flag pole in Battle Mode, so you keep running and collecting coins until time runs out.
- It shows where an opponent ran and collected coins.
- At the end of Battle Mode, Toadette appears to tell you score and who won.
- There will be a set price.
- Expect the release during Holiday 2016.
- Super Mario stickers for iMessage with iOS 10 release.