Some huge changes are coming to Pokémon GO, according to new information found by data miners in the app’s 0.35.0 update for Android.
The new, so-called “Buddy” system will allow players to walk with their Pokémon — a feature not unlike the one found in 2009’s Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Pokémon GO Hub, our source for this story, laid out what it could glean from the data mine:
- Pokemon Buddy System is using the same server side distance calculation as the one used for Pokemon Eggs
- Walking your Pokemon Buddy will award you with candy. The amount of candy is yet to be determined.
- You can walk the same Pokemon Buddy multiple times, but there is likely a daily limit for obtained candy
- You can walk with only one Buddy Pokemon at a time
- There are various looks of Buddy Pokemon
- Medium size
- Big size
- Flying next to you
- Rests on your shoulder
There’s no telling when players can expect to see this feature live, but be sure to stay connected to Nintendo Wire for more news as it breaks!Leave a Comment