The name Geno may or may not ring a bell to you even when we’re not talking about Super Mario RPG. If it does, it’s because Geno is notorious for providing leaks regarding all the major game companies, consoles and games, and is even more notorious for being right about said leaks.
The reason we’re talking about Geno today is that he’s back at it, and has given us a large list of supposed features that are in the upcoming and highly anticipated NX. Now, keep in mind that as of right now, all of this is speculation and rumor, and while Geno is known for being right about the leaks he provides, we still cannot guarantee anything on this list is true until confirmed by Nintendo itself.
Here’s a full list of all the features the NX is supposedly going to provide:
- The NX will come with a wireless HDMI dongle that will be detachable and able to plug into any display with a standard size HDMI output.
- The NX will stream HD on your TV by using an advanced version of the Wii U’s current streaming technology.
- The analog controls for movement will provide full haptic feedback via small motors in the controls. For example, if you’re controlling a character that hits a wall, the stick will move away from the wall to simulate that impact.
- Bluetooth sync will be featured, with a long list of devices to be supported. This includes smartphones and tablets.
- Phone calls and text messages will be displayable and answerable on your TV screen via the NX.
- It is closest to the Xbox One in terms of power.
- The exact same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One was used.
- Any games that run on the PS4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with almost no modifications required. This becomes more true if the game runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. One third party developer is quoted as saying “it’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”
- The social features will be similar to Pokémon GO’s.
- It will support multiplayer, AR, and a “StreetPass concept,” and take all three to new levels.
- It excels in its usability and ease.
- Developers describe it visually and functionally as “as if Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS had a baby.”
- It looks friendly but not necessarily what most people expect a Nintendo device will look like.
- The operating system is called NintendOS, and is very powerful. It had many modern features of mobile operating systems.
- Nintendo is being careful in showing it off out of fear that it would be mistaken as running on Android.
- It features very strong networking functions because of its ties into multiple devices and services. This allows for an extremely competent and pervasive ecosystem designed to constantly involve the consumer’s life.
As stated previously, we should be careful in believing these rumors right off the bat. However, if even a few of these are true, the NX is really proving to be an exciting, powerful upcoming console that I think is safe to say we’re looking forward to. And we certainly hope some of, if not all of, these rumors are true!
Some of Geno’s leak history includes the existence of Microsoft’s Illumiroom, the PS4’s modern-day graphical prowess, and even Pokémon’s leap to 3D functionality, graphics, and the reveals of new types (Fairy) and forms (Mega Evolution)!
We’ll leave you with a quote Geno has stated was made by an employee apparently involved in the NX’s development who said he had “not seen this much forward momentum on a project since they launched the original Famicom.”Leave a Comment