If you’re 18 or older and you’re looking to break into gaming journalism, look no further! The Nintendo Inquirer team is looking to expand and we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what you to have to do to apply:
Make sure you meet the criteria listed below. Then send us an email and tell us a little about yourself in a short bio. The email will serve as your application, so it’s important we get to know who you are in it. What’s your name? How old are you? Where are you from? What’s your background in writing? How long have you been gaming? What other hobbies do you have? Get creative!
And finally, include the two requested writing samples with your application. Simply attach the samples as two separate documents, titling them appropriately. Before submitting an application, make sure to read all the information below.
- Ages 18 and older
- Avid online communicator (Skype, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with Nintendo products
- Experience with journalistic writing
- Availability between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST on a regular basis
- Familiarity with online gaming communities and forums (e.g., GameFaqs, Reddit, IGN, GameSpot, etc.)
No official writing degrees are required to apply. Everyone on the NI team just needs to know that you have a professional style and a good amount of experience using Nintendo products. It’s also important that you keep yourself up-to-date with Nintendo news on a regular basis.
Keep in mind that Nintendo Inquirer stands for quality in gaming journalism. That’s why we’re also asking that you include two writing samples with your email application. These will help us get an idea of your personal voice in writing and how you apply your writing skills in gaming journalism.
Sample 1: Write a review of any current Nintendo game. Make the review as in-depth as possible by fleshing out all of the game details.
Sample 2: Write a personal article that’s Nintendo related. Think of a unique angle that represents who you are as both a journalist and a creative writer, and use that in this piece.
No specific word count is required for either sample. This is where your judgement as a writer comes into play!
- Look over previous and current articles on NintendoInquirer.com to get a feel for the writing tone and style. We want to maintain professionalism in a friendly way.
- Pay close attention to detail when following directions in this contributor request. (More specifically, please make sure to follow directions!)
Submitting your application
Email your application to the managing editor: email@example.com
Title your email: Contributor Application (Fall 2015)
Attach: Two writing samples (as described above)
Include in the content: A short bio that introduces yourself (as described above)
All applicants will be reviewed in the order their emails are received. We’ll contact you if we feel you’re a good fit for the team!
Many thanks in advance to all those who apply.Leave a Comment