Nintendo of America and Yacht Club Games have officially pulled back the curtain on the Shovel Knight amiibo!
It has been confirmed that the Shovel Knight amiibo will unlock a co-op mode for the Wii U version and will also unlock challenge stages and exclusive gear on both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game. The official breakdown from Yacht Club Games can be seen below:
Cooperative Multiplayer (exclusive to Wii U)!
- Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
- Use new cooperative moves to help each other out along the way!
- Level up by defeating enemies and finding treasure!
- Earn all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
- Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
- Use your custom amiibo seamlessly between 3DS and Wii U!
Exclusive Challenge Stages!
- Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new amiibo relics and abilities!
One amiibo, multiple games
- We plan to continue support of the Shovel Knight amiibo in future Yacht Club Games and Nintendo products! Stay tuned to amiibo.com for compatibility details in new games.
Check out the announcement trailer below!