Another exciting Nintendo press event is on its way! Even with mass leaks coming from the Big N, we’re sure to be in store for some surprises. The Nintendo Inquirer team has taken it upon itself to create individual lists of predictions as to what to expect from this year’s E3 Nintendo Direct.
Let us know who you think has the best list in the comments below!
- Nintendo will announce a new game or DLC never before hinted at or mentioned, only to turn around and state that it will be available to download immediately after the Nintendo Direct Digital Event is over.
- We will get an announcement for a brand new Pokémon title: Pokémon Snap Wii U. Oh, and this will be the introduction of a new line of amiibo specifically for the Pokémon brand.
- There will be a spinoff mini-game or DLC that features a crossover of some sorts between Splatoon and Super Mario Sunshine.
- We will get some big announcements for the 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., including a brand new 3D Super Mario game (similar to Galaxy or Sunshine).
- Before E3 even starts, during the Nintendo World Championships, Nintendo will unveil the final game of the tournament to be… SUPER MARIO BROS. 4! Taking a page from the classic movie, The Wizard, this will be the first time anyone even knew about the game, and the finalists will get a chance to play it. It will be designed in the same art style as SMB3: 8-bit style sprites and all. Heading into the press conferences Monday morning, fans will still be buzzing about Nintendo’s big reveal.
- Two new Mario Kart 8 DLC packs will be announced with a focus on battle mode. Battle mode is really all this otherwise perfect game has ever been missing. What better way to get us all playing again?
- Wii U will get a new MSRP of $199.99 including 2 games. Yes, I know it’s drastic, but that’s what it’s going to take to get that install base up.
- Nintendo will announce a redesigned Wii U GamePad featuring a better touch screen, higher resolution display, better battery life, and a slimmed down and more ergonomic body. I realize this completely clashes with my previous prediction, but let me have my fun.
- Pokémon Z will be announced, will be exclusive to New 3DS, and will launch alongside Pokémon amiibo cards.
- Retro Studios will announce its new project, a Kid Icarus action RPG for Wii U. As much as I would love to see Retro tackle Metroid again, seeing them do something completely different would be equally exciting.
- The standard size New 3DS is announced for the U.S., along with a slew of new cover plates the world has not yet seen.
- The Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer New 3DS XL is announced for the US, along with, quite possibly, other new limited edition New 3DS systems.
- The first Pokémon amiibo cards are introduced to the world.
- The new Pokémon game is announced for this upcoming fall/winter. (I’m secretly hoping for Pokémon Snap. Come on, it would be the perfect addition for the New 3DS!)
- Mother 3 is announced as a Wii U and/or 3DS release in the U.S., which will coincide with the release of the Lucas amiibo release. (In all honesty, this is probably more of a wish over a prediction. Still, I think there’s a slight possibility of it actually happening, so it’s worth mentioning.)
- There will be a new entry in the Super Mario Bros. series: either Mario Sunshine 2 or Super Mario Galaxy 3.
- The Star Fox Wii U amiibo line is announced. Interchangeable parts to build your own ships will be included.
- There will be a new Pokémon game for Wii U. Pokémon Snap 2 will be coming to 3DS alongside an original remake.
- Mother 3 will be coming to Nintendo 3DS, rebranded as Mother 3DS. A limited edition console is announced as well.
- Metroid Prime 4 is coming to Wii U. Retro Studios announces amiibo support.
- Animal Crossing for the Wii U is announced for release this holiday season, which is compatible with all the Happy Home Designer cards. A new amiibo line is announced for Wii U game.
- Mario Maker is announced for 3DS.
- The Legend of Zelda makes a surprise appearance in trailer form. A new title announced.
- A new wave of Mario Kart 8 DLC is announced.
- Pokkén Tournament console is released with amiibo support.
- Star Fox U will have co-op.
- There will be some kind of major addition to Splatoon.
- Nintendo will address the amiibo situation and new amiibo lines.