Nintendo Inquirer is looking for gaming journalists! | Nintendo Wire

If you’re 18 or older and you’re looking to break into gaming journalism, look no further! The Nintendo Inquirer team is looking to expand and we’d love to hear from you.

Here’s what you to have to do to apply:

Make sure you meet the criteria listed below. Then send us an email and tell us a little about yourself. The email will serve as your application, so it’s important we get to know who you are! And finally, include the two requested writing samples with your application.

Criteria

• Ages 18 and older
  • Experience with Nintendo products
  • Experience with journalistic writing

No official writing degrees are required to apply. Everyone on the NI team just needs to know that you have a good amount of experience using Nintendo products and that you keep yourself up-to-date with Nintendo news on a regular basis.

Writing samples

It’s important you keep in mind that Nintendo Inquirer stands for quality in gaming journalism. That’s why we’re also asking that you include two writing samples with your email application.

Sample 1: Write a review of any current Nintendo game. Make the review as in-depth as possible by fleshing out all of the game details.

Sample 2: Write a personal article that’s Nintendo related. Think of a unique angle that represents who you are as both a journalist and a creative writer, and use that in this piece.

Submitting your application

Email your application to the managing editor: lauren@nintendoinquirer.com

Title your email: Contributor Application

All applicants will be reviewed in the order their emails are received. We’ll contact you if we feel you’re a good fit for the team!

Many thanks in advance to all those who apply.