Puzzle & Dragons GOLD
- Console: Nintendo Switch (Console Exclusive)
- Availability: Digital (eShop) exclusive
- Genre: Puzzle, Role-Playing
- North American Release Date: January 14, 2020
- Japanese Release Date: January 14, 2020
- European Release Date: January 14, 2020
- ESRB Rating: E
- Supported Play Modes: Handheld
- No. of Players: 1-2 players
- Nintendo Switch Online Support: Online Play, Save Data Cloud
- File Size: 1.4 GB
- amiibo Compatibility?: No
- Developers: GungHo Online
For the first time on Switch, players will be able to compete in player-vs-player (PvP) modes and experience a story mode based on the Puzzle & Dragons anime! The brand new PvP mode will offer players a way to test their Puzzle & Dragons skills against their friends and players all over the world. After selecting their Monster Skills in the initial Skill Phase, they will move on to the Puzzle Phase to deal as much damage to their opponents as possible. Players will alternate between the two phases for eight turns, and whoever has dealt the most damage wins the duel. Players should start theory crafting their teams now (or use any of the pre-built teams), as they’ll need all the strategic help they can get!
There will also be an engaging story mode, in which players will follow the events of the Puzzle & Dragons anime. Players can choose between the stories of protagonist Taiga or Ryuji and make their way through the Puzzle & Dragons Champions Cup, facing off with favorite characters along the way.
These iconic fights all happen with stunning new 3D models of the Leader Monsters, a first for the Puzzle & Dragons series. Fighting alongside custom player avatars, the new 3D models will bring favorite Puzzle & Dragons monsters into the modern age, giving players a look at their full glory and power as they brawl their way through Puzzle & Dragons GOLD.